Friday, August 28, 2009

Slim down exercises

  • Because I sit down for 12 hours per day everyday, now my butt is obviously gaining lots of fats on it, plus a potato chip diet non-stop for weeks, I hereby officially declare that I need to resume my exercise routines!
  • It is a crime not to do these uber simple butt exercise: http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/slim-down-for-summer/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100216585
  • I usually do pilates either at gym (to use their Swiss ball and the dumbbells) after using threadmills or simply at my own room.
  • For easy butt exercise: http://www.howtobefit.com/beautiful-butt.htm
  • And also this: 30 Days to a Better Butt
  • I especially like the shoulder bridge routines, which is also part of my favourite pilates moves.
  • Don't forget to stretch before your gym routines especially if you are doing some intense running on the threadmill.
  • I love pilates and the routines are easy to perform. They are effective in toning your abs, muscles, and keep fit.
  • Below is the pilates routine performed by a Ford Model Lorie Baker which I practiced since half year ago (but stopped after indulging in my reading and writing T_T):
  • After you can do the pilates routines on a regular basis and is comfortable with it, try to increase the difficulty level of pilates moves. This is the 'high level' pilates which I found difficult to do but really effective:
  • I cannot make my legs straight and thus I cannot perform the routines which require a total straight strectched leg but I do them anyway with a little bent on my knees. To correct this I actually need to practice yoga but I fail miserably with even the simplest yoga moves. Period.
  • And of course, if the butt is getting bigger, it also means the belly is popping out too! I have been losing my flat stomach every now and then since I hit 25 years old. I guess women start aging at that age is not a myth T_T
  • These are some 'easy' steps to flat abs and I particluarly love the step number 4 and 5. Practice that way if you are in your room. Taking a weight ball (I use 1 kg) if you are at a gym, make sure your feet don't touch the ground and switching side for a set of 8-15 reps. After you get used to this exercise, try to do it slower, like from left to right or right to left using 12 to 13 seconds. Make sure your muscles are shaking and your feet are not touching the ground during that 12 seconds. I love it, huhu.
And also, for office ladies and students, these are great flat-belly exercises on the chair because we sit on the chair all the time (so there is no reason to say "no time for gym"!). And trust me, they are not easy as how they look, so it's definitely a must do when you decide to move your eyes away from the screen or books :)
  • These won't help you Lose 2 Inches in 2 Weeks unless you couple it with food diet. But these are great exercises (I am very bad at sit-ups or push-ups type of routines >_<) to keep yourself in check. And if you own a dumbbell or two, there is no reason not to do these. They are so damn easy so just do it if you want to fit in your smaller dress size.
  • To summarise what I do in order to slim down:
  1. Don't skip breakfast. I eat 2 half-boiled eggs.
  2. Do pilates 3 times per week.
  3. If you don't want to forget or procrastinate, do them everyday!
  4. Eat little for dinner.
  5. Detox---no meats, only fruits and vegetables and tuna or salmon to fulfil your craving for meat.
  • What's the fuss for me to write this post?
drum rolls..................
....................................
....................................
....................................
....................................
  • I cannot fit in my skinny jeans!!! Argghhhhhhhhhhh!!!

2 comments:

  1. A very good question.

    I wont. haha!

    Wanna prove if eating chip while actively doing work outs would slim down too, LOL.

    ReplyDelete