Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Morita Sushi in Jongno-gu, Seoul

All photos are copyrighted by me.

Morita family manages this, I guess :)
Morita (森田) on top left
Hui-cheon Jo-bap (Korean, top center)
Kaiten Sushi (Japanese, top bottom) 
迴轉壽司(Mandarin, Korean Hanja, Japanese Kanji)
Directions at the bottom of this post.

Nice wasabi and soy sauce. Damn, forgot to include the Korean pickled vege on the left tray!

As soon as you are seated, a bowl of soup is served. While you think it is miso soup, you're wrong.... (drum rolls please)...
It is Korean doenjang soup without anything in it XD
The sushi above is supposed to be the cheapest sushi on the kaiten... at 2000.

These are not cheap bamboo chopsticks, but metal ones (refer to the previous photo).
The container next to it is pickled garlics. Sorry, garlic is not my favorite even it is sweet after being pickled.


On the left, the sushi I never miss, Unagi Sushi (鰻寿司), teriyaki-roasted freshwater eel (wikipedia).
On the right, unidentified squid/octopus in Edomae Nigiri style (江戸前握り). 
Both of these were my favorites  o(≧ω≦)o


I have no idea what is this. A little bit salty, a little bit butter-ish taste from mayonnaise. 
In Gunkan Maki style.


One of the most recognizable sushi, Ikura Gunkan Maki (イクラ軍艦巻き).
But this one here doesn't taste good. I added more wasabi and soysauce, but it didn't help either way.


The most exquisite looking sushi I ever seen on kaiten.
Served on a big sea clam, the thing on top is chewy so I suppose it is some kind of... sea creature. Sorry, not helpful at all :p
Taste okay to me.

6 plates of sushi at Morita's cost 21000.

Would like to try out food at Izakaya (居酒屋) in Korea next time :)

(click to enlarge the lousy map)
Get off at Gwanghuamun station on Line 5 (purple line). Find Exit 1 or 8. Morita Sushi is right opposite the Sejong Art Center's backyard, at Green balloon B.

On another note (totally unrelated to food):
The mention of the name Morita "森田"always reminds me of Morita senpai from Honey and Clover:
 ♥♥♥  \(≧▽≦)/  ♥♥♥  

2 comments: