Saturday, July 11, 2009

Beethoven - Für Elise

I used to have a small red wooden piano (it's a toy piano) when I was a kid. My mum says one day out of no where I played "Twinkle twinkle little star" by my own. After that I figured out how to play "Happy Birthday". That little toy piano survived until I was in lower secondary school (!). That time my friends, my family and I (especially me lah) were crazy over Backstreet Boys' "As long as you love me". I did not remember how the toy piano came into surface (LOL) but I remember I was trying to "figure out" a way to play the opening of the song, and I did. I couldn't "figure out" the whole song because there were only not more than 18 or 20 keys on the toy.
I guess I am the type of 'pianist' that plays by ears, if I am fated to become one, muahaha. Currently I have no idea on how to read the Bagatelle at all T_T
I have always envy people who has a piano on their own. But lots of people I know who learned piano later abandon the music and the piano is served as a huge decoration in their living rooms. What a waste. I know it's too late for me to pick up the learning but I hope, if, one day, I have my own child or children, and if, they love piano (first buy the toy piano to 'test' on them and see if they're interested), I'd really love to fork out the money for them. Now assuming that I won't have any children, I'd love to fork out the money for myself, to give myself a latter life "second chance" to learn the music, haha.
  • I first listened to Beethoven's Für Elise when I was around 5 years old (I think), I was immediately hooked by it, until today.
htt

No comments:

Post a Comment